Tuesday, July 17, 2012

[Review] Solid Author Shelley Workinger

Solid by Shelley Workinger
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OMG
I can't believe I waited so long to read this book it was really good.

Calliope is one of hundred teenagers that was sent to a Army base to do research on after Colonel Clark finds out that drugs were given to pregnant women, and they want to find out if the drugs have any permanent affects or if it has altered there DNA. Soon Clio and her friends find out that the drugs give them a little extra something something some of the kids are abnormally good athletes and some are great artist but the the third are the "normal kids" which soon Clio finds out is a lie they have the ability to become invisible. So now Clio and her friends have to find out why they have been lied to and why? They soon realize that their is someone out their who means them harm so now they have to find out what's going on and who's behind everything before it's to late.

For being Shelley first novel it was really good. I found that most first time author'shave their story line all over the place but Shelley kept the issue of the book front focus she didn't put the romance aspect of the book as front focus don't get me wrong I love Romance books but sometimes Romance takes front focus and distracts me from the main issue and I end up hating the book because of it. But Shelley found a perfect balance of both Romance/Action. Only issue I had was that the book wasn't long enough and that the ending was not satisfying at all.

I will definitely read the next book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews