Monday, November 22, 2010

Once a Witch Review



Once a Witch
Author : Carolyn MacCullough
Release Date : September 14, 2009


Rating
4/5 Stars

I got this book for Christmas last year along with Beautiful creatures, and I really thought BC was one of the most boring books I've ever read. Since both books hav
e to do with witches and what not I thought that Once a witch was another boring version of beautiful creatures so I decided not to read it. I got the opportunity to review the second book so I decided I had to read the first book to understand what the second book was about. To my surprise I thought this book was written better the BC, because it was
n't as long and boring. I don't want to compare Once a Witch to BC the plots are totally different, and the only thing they have in common is that there both about Witches. Anyways it starts out Tam a 17 years old witch who doesn't know she has powers and feels like she doesn't fit in and through out the whole story along side Gabriel who is her long time best friends,finds out who she truly is and what she's capable of. In my opinion the best part of he story was that the book wasn't really focusing on Tam and her relationship with Gabriel,
it was mostly about Tam trying to solve her problems and finding out who she was. I think most books focus mostly on the romantic side of the story then on the real issue, and it was refreshing to read something new. I think the only issue I had with the book was that Tam was a drinker and a smoker. Especially if she's only 17 and her parents knew she drank and smoked but did nothing about it. No offense to the author but what kind of message is that putting out to
teenagers that it's okay to drink and smoke at age 17? I don't think so I know if I my parents found out I was drinking and smoking at 17 they would flip out. Other then that issue the book was a Great book, and I would have given the book Five Stars, but again I don't think it was appropriate for the author to write the character as a smoker and a drinker.

Next in the series...
Coming in August 2011

Review to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews