Sunday, May 23, 2010

Interview with Jennifer Murgia Author of Angel Star


Today Paranormal Romance Fanatic welcomes Jennifer Murgia and she's going to talk a little about her self and tell us about her new book Angel Star which came out May 18th

How did you get started writing?
- I've been writing ever since I was little. I started with poetry - creating my own little chapbooks - and then delving into short stories.
Have you always wanted to be a writer?
- Pretty much, yes, among other things - but writing is was has always stuck with me.

Can you tell us a little about your book?
-Here is the summary:
Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams, her guardian angel come to earth. But where there is light, dark follows, and now she is torn between one angel's sacrifice and another angel's vicious ambition that threatens not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.

How did you get the idea for Angel Star?
- I was up late one evening while my husband was away on business, when the idea of unconditional love and angels popped into my head. It really struck me as odd that a notion such as that would literally force it's way in to my thoughts and the idea was so strong, I began writing immediately. A few months later, I had a book!


Who is your favorite character in the book and why?

- I really don't think it's fair to choose. Teagan is the average girl who evolves into her own just beautifully. She faces her world and the potential threat to it with such grace and determination. Garreth is every girl's dream! There is nothing NOT to like about him. Then there is Hadrian, the fallen angel/villain of the story. The reaction I've been hearing is obviously everyone roots for Garreth, but Hadrian is so complex and carries such a mask over him .... ok, fine! I like Hadrian the best! Can't help it.

If you could meet any characters in your book, who would it be and why?

- Obviously I'm going to say all of them! I think spending a full day in their world would be the most amazing experience.
Personally, I would love to be friends with Claire - Teagan's best friend. She's witty and fun and brushes bullies off like it's nothing!

How long did it take for you to finish writing the book?

- I wrote the book in exactly eight months to the day. Freaky, I know.


Why did you choose to write YA novels?

- I personally love to read YA. I feel that special connection to who I used to be years ago, and writing my own, with the power to be on a different path with different choices is exhilarating.


How many books do you plan on writing for this series?
- As of now, book two is finished. It's called Lemniscate.
I would love to write a third and make it a trilogy.

Thanks for the Interview Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews